Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, December 4, 2006

My legs Hurt!

The kids and myself took an all day ski lesson Saturday and my legs are still sore. The kids loved it and are already literally counting the days down until they can go next weekend. I did quite well even though it has been at least 12 years since my last time on skis. I lucked out and during the process of moving my way up through the levels I ended up getting a private lesson with an Australian ski instructor. It was a fun day and I got to ski a lot and learn a lot. I only fell one time in a little traffic that spooked me. I did have a rude awakening as to what it costs to eat on the ski slopes. A cheeseburger/fries and coke cost me $18.50.
Since Heather works for the resort my lesson only cost $42.00 and I ended up with a private lesson that would normally cost $600, so I guess I still got my money's worth.

Isaac was the only kid in his group so he got to have two instructors to himself. They said he did very well and they were shocked he had never skied before. Olivia and Boyd were in the same group and did real well also. Olivia needs one more lesson and will be ready for the lift. At Boyd's age, I don't think he will be on the lift for a little while anyway. The kids were able to take plenty of breaks but with a high of about 18 deg. I was impressed that they made it through the whole day (9:30-3:30). They all fell asleep on the bus ride to the parking lot, and Boyd had to be carried to the car. The only pictures I got was of Boyd asleep on a bench with all of his ski gear.

Heather is going to take a lesson tomorrow so Boyd will get to go again. Isaac and Olivia will not be happy when they find this out. They will be even more upset when they find out he may get to go again Wed. while Heather does some training at work.

No comments: