Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day







This morning was a big morning for the kids. They were pretty exited when they got up. I was up by about 5:45 and made sure everything from Santa was still in place and started some coffee. The kids were up by about 6:20 ready to go. We didn't take too many pictures, but we did video for a while.
Santa brought a PlayStation 2 for the kids and they each got a Gross Out Doodle Monster, Ice Skates, Sleds, and stockings full of candy.
Their other gifts were from Heather and myself, Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles. They ended up with plenty of clothes which didn't exite Isaac a lot. The biggest hit was probably the Heelys that we bought for them. They also got some games for the PlayStation 2. Good thing grandma guessed right on which game player Santa would bring.
Isaac has played the PS2 nonstop since I hooked it up. We'll have to manage his time on it or he'll not put it down. It was bought for all of them, but Boyd and Olivia are only mildly interested in it.

I added a few pictures, but like I said, we ran the video for the most part and didn't take pictures. The top picture is of me wearing the gifts the kids picked out for me at school. Isaac bought the scarf, Olivia bought the gloves and Boyd made me the elastic tie. You can probably tell, I won't be wearing this outfit to work anytime soon. I couldn't keep from laughing at Olivia's choice of gloves. The size and color were more than I could take.

The second picture is of Olivia painting Boyd's toenails with her new makeup kit that mom had bought her. I'm afraid Boyd liked it as much as Olivia did. I just hope he doesn't start wearing her clothes.

The next three pictures were taken on my way back from Grand Junction a couple weeks ago. The elevation is only a little over 5,000 ft there and as you can see, it looks quite a bit different than here in Avon. I told a little about the place a few posts back. I'm off work tomorrow, so we may drive to Grand Junction in the morning and let the kids spend some of their Christmas money. Heather and I have some money left also that we could spend too. I really like the Sportsman's Warehouse and can see a couple new videos coming home. Heather and I both need some boots for the snow and I would like a pair of snowshoes for hiking/hunting in the snow. And then there is that God forsaken place called Chuckie Cheese that we will take the kids too if we go.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I believe I've talked on the phone enough in the last few days that I have an imprint of our cordless on the side of my head.
I've edited this post and added two more pictues of Isaac playing his game. They have ended up at the top so my descriptions above are a couple pictures off. The first is from above in the loft where our bedroom is. Boyd is laying in the floor surounded by new movies, new socks someone took off, an empty stocking and my very fashionable new scarf. Boyd is also eating the dinner of champions, a banana and Nerds. Isaac is locked into his Xgame skateboarding PS2 game.
The next picture is straight on of Isaac playing the game in his very fashionable summer pajamas from a couple years ago and his new Heelys. As you can tell were all about fashion here. That is why most of us never took our pajamas off today. This may be the only views you will get of Isaac for a while.

No comments: