Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday

Just got into work. Last couple days have been uneventful so there has been nothing to report.
I have gotten back into the habit of going to the Tuesday morning Men's Fellowship Meeting w/some of the guys from church. We meet at a small restaurant at 7am to eat breakfast and the Pastor (Ethan) leads a bible study. I enjoy going. It helps keep me in line through the week.

We will go to the Wednesday night service tonight. We have a meal at 5:30pm and then Ethan leads a study. We have just started "Boundaries" by some author whos name I should remember but can not think of it right now.

Things are starting to pick up here at work for me since all my CIP designs and contracts are going to come in all at one time. I'm about to have a crash course in Municipal Engineering.

I did get some info on where to apply for the Ewe (Sheep) tag I had talked about a while back. I talked with a guy from Lakewood (Denver) last night on the phone. He has killed three different Ewes and two rams in years past. He has been very lucky to draw the two ram tags, but the ewe tags used to be available as a 2nd chance so they used to be easier to draw than now. He provided quite a bit of info and said if I can draw the tag he can show me where to look. He also said if I was into treestand hunting he could show me a water hole they visit quite often.

Most guys who have hunted sheep have no problem sharing info, because they may never draw a tag again. So, if they want to hunt sheep they have to help other guys kill their sheep. The unit I'll apply for as 1st choice has 7 ewe tags during the Sept. 20-Sept.29 season. I will miss the last weekend of Elk/deer season. Well, not really, If an elk is spotted while I'm hunting during the 1st weekend of my sheep season I can still try for it also with my elk tag because I'll be in an unlimited elk unit. I plan to kill an elk and deer this year before the last weekend anyway. I plan to take vacation for 5 days if I draw which will allow me to hunt 9 days. Of course this is all dependent upon me drawing the tag. Last season 66% of 1st chance applicants drew the tag I hope to get. Since I'm making plans already, I probably won't draw.

No comments: