Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, January 8, 2007

Skiing over the weekend

We went skiing Saturday morning for a few hours. Boyd did better on the lift than the time before. Getting there and back is always an ordeal, but I did get a backpack rigged to carry Olivia's and Boyd's skis this time. The time on the slope is always good and the kids are normally all smiles. I tried to take pictures again, but the batteries were dead in my camera after I took one picture. So much for that. After skiing for a couple hours on the lower slope, Isaac and myself went to the very top and skied down before we packed up and left. I think it was around 15 degrees for a high on Saturday.

After skiing we went home and changed clothes and went for another drive to Leadville to look around some more. The drive up was ok, but the drive back was in blowing snow. We took it slow and everything was ok. We took a different route on I70 and Hwy 91. It is a much better highway than 24. The distance is a little longer but the drive is better unless Vail Pass on I70 is snowed in.

I'm trying to get organized and equipment bought to try my hand at ice fishing starting in Feb. I could actually fish now but would have to buy a NR license. In Feb. I can start buying resident licenses. YeeHaw! I think Isaac and myself will try out a lake near Rifle that is supposed to have great pan fishing (crappie, bluegill, yellow perch). Dad is sending me his old fish finders so I can give them a try. If I get it figured out there are a lot of lakes surrounding this area that can be fished for a multitude of different fish. Some of which are trout (browns, rainbows, lake), pike, perch, crappie, bluegill, etc. I'll have to check out the regs because I won't know what some of them are. I can taste them already!

No comments: