Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Snow







It snowed between 8"-10" last night. The roads weren't too bad, but driving was going to be too slow for me to drive to Glenwood and make it back in time to pick up Heather. She was going to ask for a ride from another Heather, but she couldn't get her 2wd SUV out of their parking lot because it hadn't been plowed clean yet. If I had known all of this ahead of time I would have had Heather drop Isaac and myself off at Beaver Creek and we could have went skiing. It may be better we didn't' though because there were cars lined up and down the road because all of the lots were full. Two things came together to bring a huge crowd, fresh powder and a 3 day weekend. I think half of Denver's population drove into the mountains to ski this weekend.

Heather is working tomorrow afternoon, but if the crowd backs off some, we may ski Monday afternoon when she gets off work. Meanwhile, I'm ordering my ice fishing equipment online.

I took several photos of the snow today. The first photo is our church.
The next six photos are pictures from the apartment parking lot. The extra little girl is Abbie from Olivia's class at school and church. She came over to play today. Olivia finally has some of her own friends instead of Isaac's friends.

The Eagle River picture was taken from the road to our apartment building. You can see how low the flow is and how much ice and snow there is now. There is more water than is visible that is flowing under the ice.

The last picture is a photo of a new development in Town that I took from HWY 6 looking south into town. The trees between the camera and the development are on the Eagle River and somewhere behind the development to the left of the taller buildings is the Town Municipal building where I will be working next summer. The development will cut out some of our view to Beaver Creek.

No comments: