Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Sunday, February 25, 2007











Heather and the girls whimped out on their snowshoeing. So, we took the kids to ski school on Saturday and we skied from around 10 until 3. It was a good day to be skiing. It had snowed in the neighborhood of 8" from mid mountain up. It was a "powder day", so that combined with Saturday made it pretty crowded. By the time we got up there all the runs had been hit pretty hard, so there wasn't much of anything untracked. It was still great snow. Heather didn't care much for the powder. She felt out of control. I'm not even close to a good skier, but I love the powder.
The ski pictures are from Saturday. It was nine degrees on top of the mountain. I new it was cold, but I didn't think it was that cold. Not only was it cold with fresh snow on the ground, but it was snowing through most of the day. It is actually snowing outside right now. I think we are supposed to get another good snow, so maybe I'll get another chance to ski during the week. The sculptures are from outside of the big lodge (Spruce Saddle) halfway up the mountain.
The first two pictures are from a Bowling outing that Heather went on with the girls from church. They didn't have a lot of ladies going so they brought the daughters. Olivia had a really good time. The bowling alley is in Eagle and it's the nicest bowling alley I've ever been in. The seating is great, the food is great and there is no smoking. Actually there is no smoking in any of the local businesses in the area.
I think my plans for NE turkeys are about to come to an end. I already knew I would be missing the church sledding day, but I also started thinking about the limited weekends I have to try and find turkeys here in CO. On top of all that, they announced at church today that there would be a men's outing/retreat at a ranch nearby on the weekend of the 17th. I had already planned to go to the retreat, so looks like I may cancel the trip for this year. Probably don't need to spend the money anyway.

No comments: