Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pictures won't go through

I'm not sure what is going on, but I tried to post pictures and they won't load. I'll get them up eventually. The Xgames pictures aren't that good, but the pictures of Olivia and Boyd sledding with the church that day are really good.

I really want to go fishing this weekend, but I really want to go skiing too. The kids all want to go skiing Saturday, so maybe I'll make it out fishing on Sunday afternoon. I had hoped to get out tomorrow for a couple hour break from work, but it looks like I probably can't. I have too much to do. I'm trying to get the civil design engineers we hired to complete our construction plans and contract documents for two separate capital jobs. They have one mostly complete, but the other has been rather slow going. I'll be taking the one they are behind on in front of the Planning and Zoning Commision next week and the Town Council the following week. There probably won't be many questions, but who knows. Both need to be advertised for bid so we can get a contractor nailed down.

I also have another project that we are negotiating a price with a contractor right now. He isn't moving as fast as I would like, but we'll get there. It's obvious that we will be way over budget, so explaining that to Council should be fun. I'm glad I didn't develop the budget for the project. Norm has a way with the Council even if he won't admit it, and they look to him for a lot of guidance. I'm learning a lot about how Avon does business. I like being busy. It makes the day go by faster. I'm getting more comfortable here and don't mind fielding the occasional question. I expect to get plenty of calls from upset citizens about traffic delays this summer.

I'll try the pictures again later.

No comments: