Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 23 Office Window Snow




We had 6" in Leadville last night, 10-12" in Avon, and they reported 17" on the ski slopes. Its not easy to hang out at work in these conditions. I would rather be skiing, but someone has to show up.




Sean, Jennifer, and the boys showed up on Friday. We cut a Christmas tree on Saturday, went to church on Sunday, and skied at Ski Cooper on Monday. Jacob and Jennifer did not get to ski because Jacob got sick Monday morning. They are going out with Heather and the kids later this week and I'll take all the kids up on Saturday also. I don't have any pictures because I left my camera here at work over the weekend, but I did get some good video of Sean digging himself out of a faceplant in the powder and Lane actually doing a face plant in the powder.




I'm hoping to get out this afternoon looking for a cow elk to fill my rifle tag. If my tag was good for unit 45, I could easily fill it. I'm seeing elk everyday when driving to work.

No comments: