Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

We stuffed ourselves with Turkey and all the trimmings today. I don't know if I'll even eat supper. We drove the parents down to Eagle this evening so they could see more of the area and let the kids play at the Brush Creek Playground next to Eagle Ranch. We will go up to Beaver Creek tomorrow night and watch the tree lighting and let the kids ice skate for free. Mom and Heather are going on their annual Day After Thanksgiving shopping trip, but instead of Paducah, KY it will be Glenwood Springs, CO. We plan to drive up to Leadville Saturday so they can really see the mountains.

Heather, Mom and the kids have got the Christmas tree up and are putting the decorations out as I type. Dad is laid out on the recliner right now being lazy after eating too much turkey.

A friend of mine, Kenneth Thompson, called yesterday evening and told me his son Dustin had killed a good Whitetail buck that morning. He sent me a cell phone picture. The buck was a good 9 point with a 19" spread. The left side with five points was bigger than the left. Maybe he will get a picture too me by email and I'll get it posted. I could have listened too their bowhunting tales from this year all night. I told him I would shoot a forkie right now, I'm so desperate to hunt.

No comments: