Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Drive to Denver Airport

We made it to the Airport in Denver, through the snow storm, without too much trouble. The driving was slow (45mph) on mostly snow covered roads, but no wrecks on our part. The eastbound lanes were closed near Idaho Springs due to a wreck that killed four people. We could see the wrecked van on the way back to Avon from the westbound lanes. My guess is they were driving entirely too fast since we saw a lot of people doing just that.

Mom and Dad made it home by 11pm Central time. We had a good visit and look forward to the next.

I think we have had around 10" of snow. At least that is what I cleaned off of my Tahoe this morning, but as much as the wind has blowed it may have been more than that. I bought some amo at the Denver Bass Pro store and may buy some snowshoes this week to try my hand at hunting bobcats and coyotes this weekend. As soon as we get a free day we are going to take ski lessons and start skiing. We may take the kids for lessons this weekend.

No comments: