Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Moved to Leadville

We made the final move to Leadville yesteday in the snow. It was raining in Avon, but we ran into snow on the way up. We have all the furninture moved into the garage w/some in the house. The refinished floors weren't quite ready. The floors have turned out real well. I actually should have sanded with a screen and added another coat, but we don't have time right now. I still need to get new baseboards and doors installed. I'm using the existing frames on the interior doors, so we'll see how hinge installation goes on the new door slabs.

We removed the old cabinets last night and were pretty grossed out by the amount of filth under them. I found an old package of rolling papers stuck between cabinets. I knew the previous owners had to be high when they painted the house. I plan to install new cabinets this weekend and maybe purchase a new stove. The gas stove that came with the house is shot, along with the dishwasher and refrigerator. However, we can make due with the fridge for a while and live without the dishwasher if we have to. I'm also going to replace several light fixtures and maybe try to add one to the living room.

After I get done w/the inside it will be on to the outside. We will start with repainting and garage door installation. Then I'll move into replacing the back yard fence and building a deck and patio. Lots of work this summer!

No comments: