Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Friday, May 11, 2007

A few pics from last months visit to IL

Sam/"Elvis has left the building"
Bicycles at Granny and Papaw's
Boyd w/Ben 10 watch
Jessie and Eli
Eli's already picking up chics w/his board
Lacey K.
Maddy
Isaac @ Noble Park
Olivia and Boyd @ Noble Park
Olivia and Jade

I'm finally getting around to posting a few of the pics from last months visit to IL. I didn't get pictures of everyone and some that I did get weren't any good, so I'm just posting some that turned out ok.
Weather is really nice lately. The sun will bake you and it is only 70 deg during the day. Leaves are almost all out except for up at the higher elevations.
Turkey hunting didn't go so well the weekend I got back. Hens were the only thing I saw and other hunters. I've got to find more birds in a larger area, but we are a couple of hours from any of those places. Was planning to make it out this evening w/ Isaac and camp between here and Grand Junction up in the mountains closer to more turkeys so we could hunt tomorrow all day, but I needed to check on one of the town projects I'm responsible for before hunting. Then we were going into GJ to buy a new bow. I haven't decided between the Bowtech or Diamand.
After checking out the job, we plan to drive out to GJ if they have the bows in stock then hunt and maybe camp then get up early and head back for Mothers Day. If the bows aren't in stock, we will just hunt.
Will probably be my last chance to go hunting although there are two more weekends left. We will be closing on a small house in Leadville on the 15th and then will be working on it for two weeks before moving into it by the end of the month. The house is only 1100+ sq.ft w/ 900+ sq.ft. basement and is mostly 70's era finishes. The house also has a one car garage they had enclosed but never finished for living space. I'm going to remove the window and put the garage door back in. I'm also going to refininsh the wood floors throughout the house and repaint the entire interior before moving in. The outside has to be painted a different color until we can re-side with a more modern siding (probably vinyl). The bathroom and kitchen needs to be modernized but won't happend until were already in. We will get everyone our new number at the first of next month when we get moved in.

No comments: