Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Afternoon Skiing




We made it up to Beaver Creek around 2:00 pm today and skied until about 4:00. I got Heather to go all the way to the top this time, so we all rode the Centennial Lift up then skied down to the Rose Bowl lift. The Rose Bowl lift and a couple others take you to the very top. By the time we skied down from there it was around 3:50. We went pretty slow most of the way down.

I wanted Heather to see the view from up there, but light snow and fog/clouds that had moved in to the north blocked the view. I did however get a few pictures of everyone and Heather got one of me also. The picture of me with the kids should have had the Gore Range in the background, and my gosh I look like a hog in that picture. Not to mention the bullet head helmet. I'll eventually make it to the top with a camera with batteries on a clear day to get some pictures. Until then you'll just have to trust me that the view is incredible. I'm sure the pictures will not do it justice.

No comments: