Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Pictures









The first six pictures are from New Years Day when we went to Beaver Creek. Isaac looks like he is flying through the air but he is laying in the snow and the picture had to be overexposed. You can see that Isaac and Olivia have lost several teeth out here. And no, I didn't do it. They just look like normally kids from back home. The seventh picture is the one picture I got before my batteries went dead last Saturday while I prepared for the kids to ski towards. If you look really hard you can see them about 50 ft from the lift house on the left.

Part of the Town of Avon can be seen on the valley floor in the third picture. You can also see how different the mountains on the other side of the valley look. Since they are south facing slopes they barely have any trees until the higher elevations.

The eighth picture was taken while I was driving. It is the center of the roundabout at the west bound I70 exit. The flags are at half mast because of President Ford's death.

The last two pictures are taken from the road to our office just to the right and above the roundabout picture. If you look you can see I 70. They are both looking across part of the town towards Beaver Creek. You can see all of the homes around Beaver Creek that are worth a minimum of $3,000,000 (yes, that's six zeroes). Several are more than that. One of the homes over there was President Ford's and I believe they had placed it on the market a little bit before his death. They were long time friends of this area, so his death has been a really big deal around here. They started skiing in Vail years ago and were one of the first residents to build as Beaver Creek was being developed. They were instrumental in getting several major winter ski events located in Vail and Beaver Creek.

I hope everyone is having a good new year so far. The design work for my Capital Improvement Projects for the Town are finally starting to come in. I've not had a lot to do over the last month, but that is about to change. We have a huge summer planned for CIP work.

I don't know if I've posted it, but it looks like we will be flying into Nashville April 12, then flying back to Denver on the 22nd. The turkeys better be on their toes. It will have been a long fall and winter w/o much hunting and I plan to take no prisoners. I already know of at least four people who will have tags, and I plan to call in and watch everyone of them drop the hammer on a long beard and I'm carrying out every bird we kill.

No comments: