Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Scouting Trips

I went scouting last weekend to look for deer and elk. I managed to see one decent mule deer buck and one that was too far to judge. I also saw a small herd of elk feed out of their bedding area. It wasn't as well as I would have liked to have done, but it was encouraging.

I plan to scout for ewes this Saturday near Berthoud Pass. I'll be hiking around above treeline in the 12,000 ft elevation range. I can't wait to get above the trees. I'll try to get some pictures of the hike.

On another note, Heather and the kids have been gone for 10 days now and won't be home for another 4. I will be glad to see them on Monday. I haven't got much more work done on the house. I have arrived home late almost every day, so work hasn't been a high priority. Also, it has rained almost every day in Leadville, so painting was out of the question. I have, however, worked some more on the garage door and am ready to install the springs. I will probably need to wait until David gets here next week to install them. I will also have the interior doors up this weekend and will clean the house up. Tonight I have to attend a community meeting here in town to update residents on the Town's street improvement and pedestrian path projects.

No comments: