Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, July 23, 2007

Before and After


The first photo is while we were covering the mint green and bright green trim. I don't have a true before picture for the exterior that shows the color and the entry door and window that had replaced the garage door.. I'm not sure my camera could have taken it. You know your house is ugly when several neighbors stop to applaud your painting efforts and appraisal values increase by 10% on your street.

Photos from LR toward hallway. The first picture already has new paint and floors have some work completed on them. Baseboards have not been installed yet and won't be until our funds are rebuilt.

Dining room from LR. The first picture already includes some new paint and the green windows had been covered with white. The lovely light fixture and solid door can be seen though.


As far as I'm concerned the kitchen was the most disgusting room in the place. Notice the nice yellow coating of grease and cigarette smoke on the ceiling. The entire house had the cigarette stains, but the kitchen had the added bonus of grease. The light fixture and choice of cabinet finsh was also a favorite. The new kitchen still needs to have the plywood countertop tiled, but that brings us back to the rebuilding of funds.


This is the Living Room. The first photo shows some of our moving in efforts, but you can get the idea.
We still have a lot of work to do, but we are getting there. I still have to finish up exterior painting, garage door exterior framing, baseboards, tile in the kitchen and bathroom. The basement is a whole other can of worms I don't want to think about right now. I've got too many elk, deer, bear, antelope and sheep to worry about right now. Maybe next spring I'll think about it, but then Turkeys will be on my mind. I just need to quit work.


No comments: