Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Friday, March 23, 2007






The pictures are from the Towns Rec. Center. Several people from church took their kids swimming Sunday afternoon since our sledding day had to be cancelled. The snow is pretty much gone here in town. The first two are Olivia and Boyd in the Lazy River and the next three are of Isaac climing a small climbing wall out of the diving pool and jumping back in.
I think it took him a couple times to get the hang of it, but he can climb it every time now. There was a kid a few years older than Isaac trying to climb it before he did. The funny thing was the kid couldn't get the hang of it and Isaac was trying to tell this older kid how to climb it. The kid got out of the pool and went to do something else.
Isaac has been moved up to the next level in his ski lessons so he is looking forward to skiing with poles for the first time tomorrow. We have two ski school tickets left. Olivia was moved up last time also, but she doesn't want to go, so Isaac may get to use both tickets before the season ends.
Isaac doesn't show any interest in playing ball this year when we've asked him about it. I'm not going to force him to play, but he may change his mind after he's been here a little longer. He is only interested in skiing and skateboarding. I think he would like a mountain bike also. Olivia and Boyd may want to play soccer, but with the number of Hispanics here, the game is taken a lot more serious than back home.
I'm going scouting for turkeys in the morning. I'll be driving west of here to the Rifle, CO area. I'll probably do more driving and glassing than anything to try and familiarize myself with the country. I hope to get out and walk some just to be out and maybe find some sheds.
There is an outdoor store in Rifle that I plan to visit also. They carry some bows, so maybe I'll get to take a look at some of those and I hope to find the new Primos turkey and elk hunting videos. I'll also try to get some pictures of the area and post them in the next few days.

No comments: