Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!









Saturday was the first day of the Colorado archery season for elk and deer. I have both tags, but elk would be my main goal with deer second. I hunted with a friend and killed my first elk, a bull, at a few minutes after 7 AM. Not only did I kill my first elk, but my buddy managed to get my video camera turned on and caught most of the action on film. The bull was a 4x5 and would not be considered a "big" bull, but he looked great to me. I couldn't be happier with him.




2 comments:

WesH said...

Was just going to leave a comment on your last post. Will take me ten to retype.

CONGRATS!

WesH said...

Saw your blog on Monster Muleys. Then noticed some more similarities.

1. 46, married, 2 girls, 17 and soon to be 16. The 17 year old has a blog on the same site.

http://ourbattlecry-hayley.blogspot.com/

Stop by and encourage her.

2. Have a new black lab, Lily, born 4/19. She was suppose to come along side the 8 year old, Sadie, and help her in the field. Found out Sadie has cancer and will be gone before the end of October. Heart ripping days ahead.

3. Leaving for bow -Elk, Unit 76, Tuesday. Wife is coming the first trip up and bringing just Sadie. I will be joining them for some of those last few walks in the Colorado Mtns.

God Bless and Congrats again.

Wes Huber