Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, June 30, 2008

Baseball Season Finished

Olivia and Boyd had their last T-Ball game on Thursday and Isaac's last baseball game was Friday. We planned to get out hiking and scouting for elk and deer on Saturday, but I decided to sleep in. We went to a friends birthday party in McCoy Saturday night and had a good time.

They live on a farm in McCoy along the Colorado River. We fished for a while, actually I tied and baited hooks for kids (and adults). The river was moving fast, making the fishing difficult, but fun. I also let Bow run and do some retrieves in their field. After eating, they had a fire and everyone made smores. Then they had a lot of fireworks that were great. They are situated in a canyon, so the fireworks echoed off the walls. It was the best home fireworks I've ever seen.

Boyd started Sunday morning off sick. Becasue he was sick, I stayed home with all the kids instead of going to church. Heather made it down the mountain on here own. Boyd was feeling fine by mid-day and played like nothing had been wrong.

This morning my back decided it didn't like the way I bent over to pick up a pair of socks and I yelled like a little girl. Heather didnt' know what was wrong. I'm at work now and my back still hurts. I've been trying to stretch to get rid of the stiffness, but it still hurts. I'm walking like someone has given me a "wedgie".

I'll send some more photos out soon.

No comments: