Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, May 21, 2007

New/Old House

We closed on the house last week 5/15 and have been working on it daily. So far we have removed all baseboards and interior doors, leaving the door frames. The ceiling and walls had to be washed down because they were filthy. I think the previous owneres must have smoked. I rented a paint sprayer from Home Depot and sprayed all the ceilings, so that was an easy job.

I have also touched up all the nail holes in the sheet rock and we have painted the three bedrooms and all the door frames and windows. Tonight we will put a second coat on the bedrooms and start on the living and dining rooms. I want to have all the floors refinished before we move in next week, so I'll be renting a drum sander starting Wednesday.

The kids are loving being able to run around in the house and basement and the small back yard. It all needs a lot of updating, but I think I can get it done this summer. I'll just be glad to get moved in.

No comments: