Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Fishing Again

I got home this evening around 5:30 and since Heather and the kids were at Beaver Creek, I decided to make another quick fishing trip to the same spot as before. There was another guy fishing with spinning equipment when I got there, but there is plenty of room for a few people to fish. I managed to catch three Browns and lose one. I also had several strikes that I didn't get hooked. The first fish was small like my previous picture and the second two were similar to the previous picture of Isaac's fish. They are fun to catch and hopefully later this Spring and Summer, I can fish enough to find some bigger fish.

We are going to look at a house on Saturday if the realtor calls us back. Actually, we will probably look at a couple houses. Only one of them is in the range we could pay for before selling our house at home. They are both in Leadville, but even the houses there sell for double what they do at home. The house is no more than 1,500 feet w/ 3 BR and it is in Town in an old subdivision that has houses right next to each other. They are all very similar houses and were probably built late 60's to early 70's. If we could find one of them that is in good shape, but needs some cosmetic work, I could make all the upgrades myself. Selling it after we sell our house at home should be no problem and we could probably live in it for a little while anyway. Any upgrades I do myself should build some equity in the house also. We'll see how it looks.

The drive from Leadville is about a 45 minute drive. It isn't the distance that makes the drive that long, but instead, it is the ten miles of the drive closest to Avon over Battle Mountain. I've drove it enough now that I'm used to it, so I think I can do it without any problems. Considering the price difference in housing, we will more than likely end up in Leadville for a while. I prefer the town for living anyway. It is not much of a tourist town. It is actually an old mining town. So, as you can imagine there are parts of the town that are pretty old, but the mountain views are incredible. Our lungs will be strong as a horse living at 10,000 ft.

No comments: