Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Four More Days

There are only four more days until Christmas and the kids are ready to open presents. We wrote letters to Santa last night on the internet @ www.emailsanta.com. Santa immediately writes back and you can hear him in the background, HOHOHO. The kids really liked it.

We are getting a little dusting of snow now, but the Front Range and on toward Nebraska and Kansas are getting hammered. It looks like there is another storm lined up out over Oregon right now.

I found out that I have screwed around long enough on my application to take the PE in April that I can't meet the deadline of Jan. 1. I could have swore it was the last week of January. I'll have to take it in October. It actually takes a lot of pressure off and allows me to study more through the summer. It will also not interfere with our plans to go home in April over the kids spring break.

I've got to get my dates lined up for the spring break so I can apply for an IL turkey tag. I plan to hunt during the break with someone even if I can't draw a tag for that time. I have had an IL turkey tag for the last 17 years. The tags left over from the 1st drawing for residents doesn't give me a lot of hope for the 2nd season I think I need to draw. Residents w/o tags get preference over NR during this second drawing so I'll be lucky to end up with a tag for anywhere other than Gallatin/Hardin County. I'll be alright though, everyone will have a second season tag and I'll be happy to hunt with anyone who has a tag.

The kids have their Christmas program at school today so I plan to meet Heather there. Maybe I'll be able to get a few pics and post them tomorrow.

No comments: