Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, September 21, 2009

Last weekend approaching

The last weekend of elk season is approaching and I have not loosed an arrow yet. It has been a really tough season for me. The first weekend started out well, but all of those elk have been pushed to parts unknown. I hope to invest in some horses in the years to come, so I can start hunting farther away from the roads and still be able to pack an elk out w/o losing any meat.

Mom and Dad have been here for a little more than a week and will be leaving this Thursday morning. I was unable to put Dad on a cow, but he has caught quite a few fish. I think this will be his last elk tag for a while. We'll miss them quite a bit after they leave.

Not sure if we'll make it home this year at Thanksgiving. Furlough days at work have required a little tightening of the budget. We are going to try to make it, and I've scheduled the days off, but.............we'll see.

No comments: