Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Turkey season around the corner

It's not too far off to be planning now. Hopefully Isaac will pass his hunter's ed. class and we'll make a trip over to Nebraska for his first turkey. Eric's son is taking the class also, so they may come along too. Of course the whole trip will have to be centered around the two boys getting their first turkey. I'll have to make a covert scouting trip w/ bow in hand the week before we go. Their archery season opens early and I want to try and wack one with my bow.

Of course the entire trip could be out of the question if Uncle Sam doesn't feel we've paid in enough this year. I normally get a big refund, but I've restructured my witholdings so I'm a little concerned I'm gonna owe money this year. I'll set up a tax/ turkey hunt relief fund that each of you can donate to before April.

It has snowed a couple three inches each of the last couple days/nights. Not sure if we are going to try and ice fish this weekend of get out and ski. May try both. I'll try and get some good photos of either and post them here. Isaac and I skied last Saturday and it was a really nice sunshine day that would have made for some great photos of the Sawatch Range in the background but I forgot the camera.

No comments: