Elk Hunting Above Treeline

Elk Hunting Above Treeline
12,000 ft at Dusk

Monday, July 16, 2007

On My Own

David and Gretel have been in for the last week. They did more work on the house than I could have ever expected them to do. They touched up a lot of paint inside the house, took down the wall w/window and door that had replaced the garage door, hung the back exterior door, repaired the front exterior door, installed window blinds and curtains and last but certainly not least, we painted the exterior of the house and covered up that awful mint green color. I'm sure there is more jobs they completed that I'm overlooking, but you should get the idea. It was great to come home from work and see the additional progress being made with the help.

BUT, the week had to come to an end, and today they started the long drive back to IL in our mini-van. The trip back includes Heather and the kids. They will visit back home for two weeks then David and Gretel will drive back with them, stay a couple days more, and fly out of Denver to return home. Therefore, I am on my own for a couple weeks. It will be a lonely couple weeks, but I plan to finish hanging the garage door, hang a couple interior doors and finish up the exterior trim painting on the side and back of the house. I'm also going to get some camping/scouting in for sheep and elk/deer. I've got more tags this year than I know what to do with and very little time to scout, so I have to get the house work out of the way and get in gear on the scouting. Hopefully these projects along with work will make the time go by quick.

I'll post some before and after house photos soon.

No comments: